Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Little Buttercup

My "To-Do" list is astronomical. I think it could go around the world several times and I haven't even had my first day yet. (Yet being the operative word, it is fast aproaching.) And after several meetings today (including one where I met the parent of a student who has several physical and emotional problems not least of which is pathological lying) and hours in front of a computer (and miles to go before I sleep), I was starting to fall under.

And then the Pandora box of love and goodness opened and I received a gift from the powers that be. Out of no where: My Little Buttercup randomly appeared on a playlist and five minutes later after I'd nearly wet myself and practically had tears running down my face from laughter, I pulled out of stress.

I can totally do this. If The Three Amigos can go and save an entire village from the wiles of El Guapo with a song and dance, then certainly I can rescue young immature minds with a bit of tomfoolery, right?!

So, Steve Martin and Martin Short, this one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment