Friday, October 30, 2009

I told you so. . .

I told my students at the beginning of the year that I could beat them collectively in anything involving Harry Potter trivia and that they could try and come up with a question I can't answer about the series, but that I doubted they could do it since I've never lost a game of Harry Potter trivia and don't intend to start.

A few of them have taken me up on the offer, but mostly with off the cuff kinds of questions that most people who've read the books in the class would also remember. Until yesterday when a student in my last class came up to me after obviously putting in at least a little more thought as to what might stump me:

Student: "You know how you said that you'd be able to answer any Harry Potter question? Well, I think I have one that you won't know the answer to."

Me: "Go ahead."

Student: "What is Harry's vault number in the bank?"

Me: "713."

Student: "Dang it."


1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh. I wish I could have been there to see that student's face. Oh, and I just read an article by Elder Holland where he quotes Harry Potter. You've probably already heard it...since you are all knowing in matters HP...but I thought it was cool.

    ReplyDelete